This recipe features hazelnut meal, roasted nuts and hazelnut butter from Carboor Harvest. Find Ben throughout the month at Coburg FM (1st Saturday’s), Collingwood Children’s Farm Farmers’ Market, Gasworks FM and Slow Food Melbourne FM.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
Makes: 9 pancakes
For the Hazelnut Pancakes
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup, optional
- 2 free range eggs
- ¾ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts
For the Chocolate Cream
- 250g Carboor Harvest Hazelnut Butter with Cacao Chocolate
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the hazelnut meal, brown rice flour, salt, cinnamon, and stir together well.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, and coconut milk.
3. Pour the dry mixture in with the wet and mix until combined. Allow the batter to sit 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat and add just enough oil to lightly coat the surface.
5. Measure out a heaping 1/8 cup of pancake batter and pour it on the hot skillet. You will likely need to spread the batter into a circle shape using a spatula or fork. Allow pancake to cook on the first side about 2 to 3 minutes, until the sides set up. Flip and cook another couple of minutes until cooked through.
6. Serve pancakes with desired amount of chocolate topping and hazelnuts