Sometimes keeping it simple is best – try this deliciously simple recipe for a relaxed go-to brunch with asparagus from our markets.
- 1 bunch asparagus (Jonella Farm, Bridge Farm Asparagus)
- ½ cup of walnuts (Alpine Walnuts, King Valley Walnuts)
- ¼ cup cheese, grated (Milawa Cheese Co: David Brown Select Cheddar)
- ¼ cup parsley and mint, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic (Harmony Garlic, Weyhill Garlic Farm)
- pinch of salt
- 3 soft boiled free range eggs, peeled
Drizzle the asparagus in olive oil and grill for 3 minutes in hot pan, or on the barbeque.
Make the cheese and herb crumb by combining parmesan cheese, walnuts, herbs, garlic and salt in a blender, blitz until mixture is fine – a few pulses or so. Add some breadcrumbs here if you have any handy.
Transfer the crumb onto a lined baking tray and warm in the oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees.
Serve immediately while all ingredients are warm.
Recipe by MFM contributor Vanessa Fletcher