Melbourne Farmers Markets are pleased to be permitted to trade this weekend, and offer the support for Victorian food producers and the community that seeks to buy fresh, seasonal and direct from farmers week to week.
Our message is that the public stays calm, observes sensible precautionary advice to stay safe, keep coming to food markets, and only buy what they need!
Melbourne Farmers Markets have sought advice with regard to conduct and safety of our markets. As such, the following will apply.
- Our attending stallholders will each confirm that they have not knowingly been in contact with anyone confirmed or suspected to have the virus.
- All stallholders will adopt an increased vigilance with regard to food safety compliance.
- Stallholders will not offer samples and tastings
- We will not be encouraging the social environment of our brekkie/brunch so no tables and chairs for lingering
- Any food to go will be regrettably served in disposable catering ware to takeaway
- We encourage pre-orders and card transactions
- If you or your family have knowingly come into contact with anyone confirmed or suspected of having the virus, then we simply ask that you stay away.
Thank you for supporting Melbourne Farmers Markets, Victorian farmers and food producers – small businesses need you more than ever right now. Your dollars go direct with a positive ripple effect to the families and communities of regional Victoria.