*IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE* 08/06/2021
Farmers’ markets remain an essential service and Alphington will go ahead this Sunday (9am-1pm) as scheduled.
If you’re shopping at Alphington market this Sunday then it is essential that you follow all government-mandated protocols. These include:
1. Signing in using the Service Victoria QR codes provided.
2. Wearing a face mask at our markets (unless you have an exemption)
3. Staying at home if you feel unwell, or show any symptoms of coronavirus.
4. Only visiting our markets if they are located within a 5km radius of your home.
5. Maintaining social distancing measures (1.5 metres minimum) at all times.
In addition to the above, we strongly encourage all market-goers to bring their credit/debit cards for purchases. Entry to the markets is by tap-and-go donation only (no cash), and most, if not all, stallholders will not accept cash on the day.
You will notice some further changes at our markets this weekend:
• Food cannot be consumed on-site: ready-to-eat food is for takeaway only.
• There will be no samples of food available to try.
• Hand sanitiser will be readily available at our markets: please make use of it.
• Handling/selecting your own fruit and veg is no longer allowed: please ask the relevant stallholder for any help you need with making your selection.
• On-site toilet facilities will be closed to the public.
• In addition to our three market day staff members, the market will be overseen by an MFM Covid Safety Coordinator, who will ensure that all protocols are adhered to.
We want to say thank you in advance for your patience, and for your compassion towards our farmers and our market staff. As ever, we are incredibly grateful for your continued support… without it we wouldn’t be here
Set amongst the bustling Melbourne Innovation Centre is Alphington Farmers’ Market. The market features a range of stallholders bringing fresh, seasonal produce from their farms across Victoria. From Mildura to Flinders, Kinglake to Timboon our farmers travel to sell direct to the public, along with VFMA accredited bakers and specialty makers. Every week you’ll find fresh fruit and vegetables, free range eggs and meats, olives and oil, honey, nuts and grains, dairy and cheeses, breads and pastries.
There’s coffee, fresh OJ and loads for brekkie or to take home for lunch. We have a wash up station to eliminate single use disposable items and Alphington FM is proudly plastic bag free so don’t forget to BYO.
This exciting initiative is a transformation from old Council offices and a barren concrete scape to a productive community meeting place, directly opposite Alphington Train Station.
Other planned features include a commercial kitchen designed to divert food waste and support new food start-up businesses, establish community composting facilities, a farmer’s storage and coolroom depot, co-working offices and an abundant urban agricultural project all facilitating learning and sharing to strengthen the local food system.
Sociable dogs under control and on short leads are most welcome.
Please note: The nature of working with farmers means that unforeseen events do occur from time to time which may prevent producers listed from attending the market. Stallholder lists are updated every Thursday.
Melbourne Farmers Markets respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land on which Alphington FM is held, the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders, past, present and future.
Bernie’s Fresh Spuds
Catkin Grove Chestnuts
Chef’s Fine Food
Chiron Health Store
Doron Talmi Citrus
Himalaya Tibetan Tent
Jam By Fiona
La Villa Salumi
Lard Ass Butter
Lisadurne Hill Olive Oil
Mike’s Mussels & Wakame
Mrs Nicks Vineyard
Save Our Soil
Schulz Organic Farms
Tamarind Tree Gourmet Sauces
The Gypsy Pig
The Old Farm Happy Valley Free Range Eggs
The Veggie Empire
Thriving Foods Farm
Urban Street Food