*IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE* 04/06/2021
Farmers’ markets remain an essential service and Carlton will go ahead this Saturday (8am-1pm) as scheduled.
If you’re shopping at Carlton market this Saturday then it is essential that you follow all government-mandated protocols. These include:
1. Signing in using the Service Victoria QR codes provided.
2. Wearing a face mask at our markets.
3. Staying at home if you feel unwell, or show any symptoms of coronavirus.
4. Leaving your extended family at home: capacity limits will be in place at the market. and only one person per household is permitted to go shopping once per day.
5. Only visiting our markets if they are located within a 5km radius of your home.
6. Maintaining social distancing measures (1.5 metres minimum) at all times.
In addition to the above, we strongly encourage all market-goers to bring their credit/debit cards for purchases. Entry to the markets is by tap-and-go donation only (no cash), and most, if not all, stallholders will not accept cash on the day.
You will notice some further changes at our markets this weekend:
• Food cannot be consumed on-site: ready-to-eat food is for takeaway only.
• There will be no samples of food available to try.
• Hand sanitiser will be readily available at our markets: please make use of it.
• Handling/selecting your own fruit and veg is no longer allowed: please ask the relevant stallholder for any help you need with making your selection.
• On-site toilet facilities will be closed to the public.
• In addition to our three market day staff members, the market will be overseen by an MFM Covid Safety Coordinator, who will ensure that all protocols are adhered to.
We want to say thank you in advance for your patience, and for your compassion towards our farmers and our market staff. As ever, we are incredibly grateful for your continued support… without it we wouldn’t be here
Carlton Farmers’ Market is held on the 1st Saturday of the month at the Carlton North Primary School (CNPS). CNPS is located on the corner of Canning, Lee and O’Grady Streets. Entry to the market is via the O’Grady Street gates and the site is accessible via public transport (bus routes 250 & 251; trams 1,6 & 96), bikes paths of Rathdowne St or Canning St and there is also limited parking available.
Carlton Farmers’ Market has a playground and open spaces for the kids, plus outdoor seating to relax and enjoy the market fare.
Bring your own coffee mug and reusable bags to the market, and make a positive impact on our local food system and the environment!
Sociable dogs under control and on short leads are most welcome.
Please note: The nature of working with farmers means that unforeseen events do occur from time to time which may prevent producers listed from attending the market. Stallholder lists are updated every Thursday.
Melbourne Farmers Markets respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land on which Carlton FM is held, the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders, past, present and future.
Bass Coast Farm
Brooklands Free Range Farm
Corner Store Network
Faranda Family Vegetables
Gamila at Beechworth
Grand Ridge Brewery
Himalaya Tibetan Tent
Jude’s Jams and Chutneys
Lard Ass Butter
Milawa Cheese Company
Oz Fresh Herbs
Peregrine Ridge Winery
Pollards Apples & Pears
Tamarind Tree Gourmet Sauces
The Old Farm Happy Valley Free Range Eggs
The Orange Lady