*IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATE* 10/06/2021
Farmers’ markets remain an essential service and Coburg will go ahead this Saturday (8am-1pm) as scheduled.
If you’re shopping at Coburg market this Saturday then it is essential that you follow all government-mandated protocols. These include:
1. Signing in using the Service Victoria QR codes provided.
2. Wearing a face mask at our markets.
3. Staying at home if you feel unwell, or show any symptoms of coronavirus.
4. Only visiting our markets if they are located within a 5km radius of your home.
5. Maintaining social distancing measures (1.5 metres minimum) at all times.
In addition to the above, we strongly encourage all market-goers to bring their credit/debit cards for purchases. Entry to the markets is by tap-and-go donation only (no cash), and most, if not all, stallholders will not accept cash on the day.
You will notice some further changes at our markets this weekend:
• Food cannot be consumed on-site: ready-to-eat food is for takeaway only.
• There will be no samples of food available to try.
• Hand sanitiser will be readily available at our markets: please make use of it.
• Handling/selecting your own fruit and veg is no longer allowed: please ask the relevant stallholder for any help you need with making your selection.
• On-site toilet facilities will be closed to the public.
• In addition to our three market day staff members, the market will be overseen by an MFM Covid Safety Coordinator, who will ensure that all protocols are adhered to.
We want to say thank you in advance for your patience, and for your compassion towards our farmers and our market staff. As ever, we are incredibly grateful for your continued support… without it we wouldn’t be here
Coburg Farmers’ Market is held every Saturday from 8am-1pm in the grounds of the Coburg Primary School.
Patron entry to the market is via Urquhart Street.
The site is accessible via public transport (bus routes 513, 527, 534, 561 & 903; tram 19; and a short walk from the Upfield Line), bike paths of Upfield, O’Hea St and the Merri Creek and there is also parking available at the Town Hall, Coburg Leisure Centre or along Urquhart St.
In addition to the wonderful array of Victorian producers and food businesses that attend each week, often there is an animal farm, face painting or chalk drawing happening – always something extra for the kids. This market embodies a vibrant community spirit, and welcomes visitors from near and far. Coburg FM is plastic bag free, please BYO reusable bags and coffee cup.
From April 2013 until June 2018, the Coburg Farmers’ Market was established and located at Coburg North Primary School. Coburg North Primary School has received funding from the State Government to upgrade their school buildings and grounds and is the main reason for the re-location of the market. To read more about the move, please click here.
Please note: The nature of working with farmers means that unforeseen events do occur from time to time which may prevent producers listed from attending the market. The stallholder list is updated on Thursday, prior to a market day.
Melbourne Farmers Markets respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land on which Coburg FM is held, the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders, past, present and future.
Catkin Grove Chestnuts
Day’s Walk Farm
Doron Talmi Citrus
Euro Coffee Rentals
Heidi Honey Hurstbridge – Bee Rescue
Himalaya Tibetan Tent
Inverloch Free Range Eggs
John Howell Fruit 4 U
Lard Ass Butter
Lisadurne Hill Olive Oil
Melbourne Gourmet Mushrooms
Mike’s Mussels & Wakame
Milawa Cheese Company
Milawa Free Range Poultry
Nar Nar Goon Fresh Fruit
Otway Prime Beef & Lamb
Oz Fresh Herbs
Peninsula Fresh Organics
Schulz Organic Farms
Stir Crazy Biscuits & Cordials
Take Me Home Pasta
Tamarind Tree Gourmet Sauces
The Mushroom Shed
The Orange Lady
The Village Bakery
Thriving Foods Farm