Updated: 27 October
This Saturday’s (12th Dec) Collingwood Farmers Market will be held at the site of Carlton Farmers Market, Carlton North Primary School, cnr Canning and O’Grady Streets.
Remember, we are an essential food service (not a place to gather or socialise) and all DHHS recommended actions while shopping should be followed including; respecting customer limits, wearing a fitted mask (unless you have a lawful reason for not doing so), and not attending if you’re awaiting COVID test results.
Make sure you’re across our safety precautions below and rest assured we’re experienced in the management of these, having continually traded throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We have limits on the number of customers allowed on site at any one time, have implemented strict precautions, increased staff, and altered market layouts and flow.
We are confident that the open-air environment of our farmers markets, together with the below precautions and operational adjustments, means our markets provide some of the safest shopping options to you.
– If you’re feeling sick, stay at home.
– Practice good hand hygiene. Hand sanitiser is available at the front gate
– Come to shop, not brunch. Hot food is available for take-away only and must be consumed off-site.
– Limit your time at market. Make a list of things you need so you can shop quickly and minimise your time out of the house.
– Leave the team at home: Where possible, only one person per household please.
– Bring your card: MFM gate donations are by tap and go and there are no ATMs on site. Some stallholders will accept cash, but card transactions are preferred.
– Go to the toilet before leaving home: Toilets will only be made available to the public in emergency situations (yes, a desperate child does count as an emergency – but we ask, where possible, to leave the kids at home).
– Do not touch the produce.
– Adhere to social distancing.
We also have a contactless pick-up available from Alphington every Sunday. For more information, join our Melbourne Farmers Marketplace group.
To stay up to date with all things Melbourne Farmers Market in this topsy turvy time, sign up to our newsletter: https://bit.ly/3kmBbMX.
Nestled in a bend on the Yarra, Collingwood Children’s Farm Farmers Market is a Melbourne treasure. It is located only 4kms from the CBD, yet feels like a world away from the hustle of city. Melbourne’s first farmers’ market was launched in the back paddock of Collingwood Children’s Farm in October 2002, and the market remains in this idyllic location today.
Please note: The nature of working with farmers means that unforeseen events do occur from time to time which may prevent producers listed from attending the market. Stallholder lists are updated on Thursdays, prior to market day.
Melbourne Farmers Markets respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the Land on which Collingwood FM is held, the Wurundjeri People of the Kulin Nation. We pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders, past, present and future.
Please note: Stallholder lists are updated every Thursday before market day.