Urban Agriculture Forum is back in 2018! On February 23rd and 24th, planners, gardeners, health professionals, food security agencies and advocates, students, researchers and educators will come together for the second Urban Agriculture Forum.
Led by Sustain: The Australian Food Network, the two day event will explore the diversity and potential of urban agriculture, from enhanced access to fresh produce to reducing environmental impacts through less transport, packaging and storage. The Forum will also look at urban food security and how can urban agriculture adapt to meet the challenges of climate change.
KEYNOTE SPEAKERS INCLUDE
- Dr Lenore Newman, Canada Research Chair in Food Security and the Environment (University of the Fraser Valley, British Columbia)
- Ben Shewry, founder of the world-renowned Attica restaurant
- Bruce Pascoe (Dark Emu), award-winning Bunurong writer
- David Holmgren, co-originator of permaculture an author of the soon to be released Retrosuburbia
- Costa Georgiadis, SBS Gardening Australia host
When: Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th February
Where: William Angliss Institute, 555 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Tickets available but selling fast: http://www.uaf.org.au/ticketing/