Melbourne Farmers Markets is a not for profit social enterprise connecting urban communities with Victorian farmers while promoting seasonal produce, biodiversity and sustainable farming practices.
We manage ‘accredited’ markets across Melbourne, which means there are no wholesalers or resellers, just real food direct from the people who produce it. We are dedicated to building resilience, success and recognition for regional food producers and are passionate about sustainable farming practices, fresh produce and reconnecting Australians with their food. Through this, we aim to educate customers on the positive environmental, social and small business benefits of supporting local food systems. The collaborative and inclusive culture we have amongst our small team enables us to deliver the best farmers markets in Melbourne.
STALLHOLDER COORDINATOR POSITION AVAILABLE
In a nutshell: Full time position (38 hours per week), located at MFM’s Alphington office, and occasional market and event sites.
Start Date: Monday 3 February 2019
Applications close: 5pm Thursday 20 December 2018.
Purpose of position
- Leading the engagement, liaison and communication with our market stallholders
- Overseeing general office functions, including incoming enquiries and administration
- Event planning and delivery for our suite of farmers markets and other events. This may include some weekend work.
- Immediate and long-term engagement and coordination of our existing and prospective stallholders
- Build and maintain productive and respectful relationships with our primary stakeholders
- Ongoing management and further development of the office administration systems for the organisation
- Management of the weekly communications with stallholders
Key skills and selection criteria
- Very strong administrative skills and high computer literacy, including Microsoft office 365, SharePoint, Access and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal, written and telephone communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Minimum 3 years in an Event Management environment, event sales or office administration role
- Understanding and passion for local and seasonal food cycles
- Empathy for Victorian farmers, food producers and small business
- Experience with online booking systems
How to Apply: Please send applications to Scott Hamilton, Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your CV, an outline of your suitability and and response to the following questions within a cover letter:
- What do you think are the key areas for preparation of a successful farmers’ market?
- Where do you see farmers markets in the local food system?
- Outline your capacity, strengths and organisational skills in multi-tasking and stakeholder relationships
Candidates will be interviewed in the first week of January 2019.
Please direct any queries to MFM Director Miranda Sharp on 0429 146 695.