At MFM, we believe in building a better, more equitable food system. The MFM Depot is the result of these beliefs.
How does the MFM Depot do this?
By empowering small and medium primary producers to thrive and grow.
What does the MFM Depot offer?
Tailored solutions for the specific needs of small and medium producers with a focus on logistics and business development.
MFM Depot - Services
- Cold and ambient storage - short & long term food storage
- Refrigerated deliveries
- freight receipt at Alphington
- deliveries to Melbourne's North-Eastern suburbs
- Collaborative coaching - business development & logistics strategy
- Freight receipt and collection from our Alphington HQ.
- Access to our commercial kitchen to trial or develop new food products or value-add items for your business.
We're in business to help you grow. Let the MFM Depot team know how we can help you reach your business goals by filling in an expression of interest form.
MFM Depot - Values
- Short supply chain – we want to connect producers directly with consumers, with as few touch points and food kilometres as possible.
- Ethical – we will always work to build community and promote positive social outcomes.
- Honest & transparent – we are growing, we are learning, we are experimenting, and we will always be open and honest with you as we work together.
“A big shout out to our distribution partner MFM Depot. We’ve been so impressed with their service and respect for our product. Logistics is a huge challenge for us (and many regional producers) so we feel like we’ve got a winner with the MFM Depot.”
- Ian, Woodstock Flour, NSW
Another full delivery of Woodstock Flour leaving our MFM Depot for bakeries around Melbourne.
Our work with Moving Feast
MFM Depot is a hub of activity for our Moving Feast partners. Over 10 tonnes of nourishing produce has passed through the MFM Depot on route to Moving Feast partners and families. We have worked as a collection and distribution hub to source produce direct from Victorian farmers and off to those who need it the most amidst the crisis of this pandemic.
We are thrilled to continue our working with this social enterprise collective.
Finding a home for salvaged lemons to make the world’s best hummus.