MFM have established a certified, commercial kitchen at our HQ in Alphington. It is a flexible space suitable for catering, small scale processing, fundraising, communal gatherings, and workshops. Conveniently located directly opposite Alphington Train Station, the kitchen space is available for regular weekly use or casual bookings to suit your business needs.
SisterWorks in the MFM Kitchen with production of their jams.
- 72 square metres in total size
- half of the space is a fully kitted out cooking space, with some moveable work benches to accommodate different sized kitchen crews
- the other half is open space, with more moveable work benches that can be used for bottling/packing, you can also use the space to pack wholesale or retail orders for delivery
- dry and cold good storage space for use during your booking
- Class Two registration with the City of Darebin; and can be your ‘registered kitchen space’ to allow you to establish or expand your business
- flexibility to suit a variety of uses, including running workshops for small groups of up to 15 people
To assist your business, as part of a kitchen booking, the MFM team can:
- offer ongoing dry and cold goods storage at MFM Depot
- arrange onsite parking on your production days; and you can negotiate food truck storage on site as well
- offer connections to Victorian wholesale producers/suppliers of quality fresh ingredients
- assistance to become a Victorian Farmers Market accredited business and opportunities to be a stallholder at our farmers market
MFM Kitchen is perfect for small businesses that share our values:
- a commitment to use Victorian produce whenever possible and reduce food wastage
- avoid use of non-recyclable plastic storage containers; and use reusable/recyclable food packaging
- use organically based cleaning materials whenever possible; and a pack down and clean routine that does not rely on excessive use of water (and biowaste) being flushed down the kitchen gulley trap
A miso making workshop with Koji and Co in the MFM Kitchen.
MFM Kitchen is open Sunday to Friday. The usual access hours are from 8.30am to 5.30pm; and times to suit hosting a workshop are negotiable based on your event.
To find out more about the MFM Kitchen and arrange a time to discuss your business needs, view the kitchen and get a quote to hire the kitchen, please contact us on 0499 448860 or email email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete our Expression of Interest form here.